How do I buy at SOMATEX®?
- Finding your desired product
- Activating and placing an order
- I already have the article numbers of the products that I would like to purchase. Is it possible to make a direct input to the order?
- I have a coupon code – how do I use it?
- What are the advantages of registration and creating an account?
- I have forgotten the password to my user account. How do I get a new one?
- Where can I find detailed information about products?
- Where can I get instructions for using the products?
- Where can I get declarations of conformity for products?
- Is there a minimum order?
- Why is the exact amount I require not shown?
- Why do I see no prices for a product and also cannot order it?
- I would like to find out how much each package unit contains
- What types of delivery do you offer?
- What charges are there for delivery?
- Can an order also be placed by fax or phone?
- How can I pay when placing an order?
- Returns and complaints
- Where can I turn for technical problems with the website?
1. Finding your desired product
We offer you various ways to discover our product portfolio and find your desired product.
Get a clear representation of our overall product portfolio, divided into the individual application areas we service.
You can also directly use our search function to find specifically the instruments you are interested in. You can get the desired result by entering both terms and article numbers.
To gain an overview of our portfolio by medical discipline, just use the appropriate categorisation right on our homepage.
2. Activating and placing an order
Please note the following when ordering at our online shop:
Because of either licence and registration requirements or exclusive rights having been awarded to distributors, orders and deliveries are possible only in selected countries. We will indicate for you precisely the countries where we sell and deliver each product directly.
To order a product and place it in the cart, please select your desired article and then select the volume and date according to our pricing model as the first step for delivery.
Once you have made your selection in all areas, we will display all the selections and total price. Afterward, you can easily continue ordering by once again confirming your country of delivery, specifying your address, your desired payment option and dispatch method.
After you place your order, a confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified.
3. I already have the article numbers of the products that I would like to purchase. Is it possible to make a direct input to the order?
We offer you the option of directly ordering from our website, a service we offer to customers who already know what they will be ordering from our portfolio.
To do this, please use "Direct Order" in our main navigation panel. Simply enter the article number in the box provided and then click "Add". Your desired product will be included, so just select the volume and delivery date. Then continue to the checkout page and easily complete your order.
4. I have a coupon code – how do I use it?
You can redeem your coupon when you place an order. There is an input field for you to enter the coupon directly in the cart. The total value of your order will then be discounted according to the value of the coupon.
5. What are the advantages of registration and creating an account?
You can naturally find out yourself about our product portfolio and place orders without having to register or login. However, creating a user account brings a range of conveniences:
- Find out your order history
- See your individual prices and quantities
- Track the status of your current orders
- Save interesting products on your watchlist
- Manage an address book with your most common delivery addresses
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
6. I have forgotten the password to my user account. How do I get a new one?
It is no problem if you have forgotten the password to your personal user account. Just use the "forgot password" link on our homepage below the login area for the user account. Simply click it with your mouse and enter your email address in the field provided for this purpose.
You will receive an automated message with a link. Use it and follow the next steps to obtain a new password from us shortly thereafter.
Please note: The attached link is active for 24 hours. It will no longer work after this period expires. If you have not changed your password in this window, please request a new one.
Do you have any further questions? Then simply contact your personal contact person.
7. Where can I find detailed information about products?
You will find all detailed information about a product at the bottom of the product view. To get there either use the "Details" link right next to the product image or scroll to the bottom of the page. In addition to a summary of product features, you will find a detailed description of the instrument. We also provide additional information material such as brochures, manuals, tutorials, videos to download and related abstracts.
8. Where can I get instructions for using the products?
We have instructions for all of our products available for digital download. You can find them in the details directly below the product image.
9. Where can I get declarations of conformity for products?
Your customer service representative will be pleased to send you current declarations of conformity for our products when you request it.
10. Is there a minimum order?
Yes, there are designated minimum quantities per product. They must be noted and followed when ordering.
If you are a new customer or placing an order with us for the first time, contact our customer service. Your personal account manager will be happy anytime to discuss possible solutions tailored to you.
11. Why is the exact amount I require not shown?
Our price model offers only fixed quantities. You can phone or email our customer service anytime for any further questions about volumes.
12. Why do I see no prices for a product and also cannot order it?
You will see no prices for a product and also not be able to order it unless your desired product is registered/authorised for sale in your country or if we distribute our products in your country through an exclusive distributor.
Contact our customer service anytime you come across such a case. We will inform you about further possible options or put you in touch with our distributors.
13. I would like to find out how much products a package unit contains
You can get detailed information about how much each package of a product contains underneath the product image.
14. What types of delivery do you offer?
Standard delivery (only for delivery inside Germany)
Inside Germany we offer standard delivery in cooperation with DHL. We also deliver outside Germany in exceptional cases.
Collection by your own freight forwarder
We can have your order picked up by your carrier. Enter the name of the carrier you want to have collected your goods, along with your customer number, when you place your order and fill in the delivery area. We will make sure the collection goes through smoothly and on schedule.
Do you want to pick up the order yourself?
Then select “Pickup” when you place your order and fill in the delivery area. We will e-mail you all the information necessary for a carrier to collect your order when it is received:
- Delivery date
- Dimensions and weight
- Pro forma invoice
- Delivery notes
- Export documents
- Pick-up address
Your carrier will only be given the ordered goods with the appropriate delivery note number.
15. What charges are there for delivery?
Delivery inside Germany is free when the order is greater than €500. Orders under €500.00 are charged a flat rate of €25.00 for delivery and logistics.
Ex works terms generally apply for orders placed from outside Germany. This means we provide the goods ordered by you at the date and place stated in the order confirmation for pick up. Accordingly, we offer you the option of letting you control your delivery costs independently by contracting with a carrier you choose personally.
If you want us to deliver your order, you can still select "Standard Delivery". We will then charge you for delivery according to the weight and volume of your order and the desired destination. Delivery costs are calculated and displayed in the cart at our Web Shop.
16. Can an order also be placed by fax or phone?
In exceptional cases we accept orders by phone or fax. Please contact our customer service directly if you want to order by phone or fax.
17. How can I pay when placing an order at SOMATEX®-Webshop?
Currently we offer the following payment options:
Purchase on account
If you collect or have the goods collected from us, you pay at that time. However, we will perform a background credit check after your order is received. There will be cases where an invoice cannot be issued to you. In such cases, we reserve the right, after having entered and reviewed your order, to change the payment option. An alternative is for you to pay for your order in advance.
Immediately after you order is sent, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with account details for you to comfortably transfer the invoiced amount when it comes due. We will hold your ordered products for you up to seven days from the date of the order.
Make sure when you transfer funds that the information is complete and correct so that we can handle your payment correctly and quickly deliver your order to you. Once the full amount has been credited to our account, we will process your order immediately and either send it to the address you specify or you provide for pickup if you so decide.
18. Returns and complaints
Deliveries cannot be returned, as provided in our terms and conditions.
If anything ordered by you is defective, we will, of course, either replace or repair it. If any product delivered to you has a defect, please call or email us. Our quality management will assign you a RAN number so you can return the goods to us free of charge.
In exceptional cases and with the agreement of your customer service representative we will exchange ordered goods in good faith.
19. Where can I turn for technical problems with the website?
Have you encountered technical difficulties using our website?
What if you cannot log onto your account, the pages of the web shop are displayed incorrectly or you cannot place your order?
If this is happening to you, please describe the problem to us as accurately as possible and tell us the browser version and operating system you are using.
Contact your account manager with this information. Your problem will be referred to our web specialists and fixed as soon as possible.